Saturday, February 9, 2008

Confidence and basketball

K's experience with basketball is over for the season. I think she had a great time trying something new. As most of you know when she told me she was trying out for the team I asked, "Do you know how to dribble?" Well, she does now. And she enjoyed being part of a team, even if she sat the bench most of the time. She was thrilled to get a minute of playing time even when we were 20 points down! What did I learn? It doesn't really matter how you play the game as long as you improve, keep trying, have fun, and keep a good attitude. If only I could view life through her eyes. I am so impressed with her confidence to try something new even though the odds were against her having never played. So now, she will try track, and see how it goes.

No comments: