Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Break

Spring break is happening this week, and I like the break! We are enjoying a week at our timeshare doing not much of anything. Although it isn't a full break for us. A little back and forth for church and G working part of the day in offices closer to here, two cars and track meets, we are enjoying it. Sometimes it is nice not to have to do anything or go anywhere.
Things are picking up speed for us. (Did they ever slow down!) D will be starting baseball practice this week. He is very excited, and wants to try his arm at pitching. B is Bertha in the school play (April 24-26 if you are interested) and K is enjoying track. Yesterday her 4x800 team took first. Thanks to her in part for gaining in her leg of the race.
Also while we have been on break I got another year older. As I am sure age comes with wisdom, I am getting very wise! I am starting to take that old saying "You are only as old as you feel," to heart. Since I haven't slept in my own bed for a few nights, I feel pretty old this morning. But I still can't believe I am old enough to have a child in high school, almost two. Soon, a driver, and a dater. I think that alone must make me old!

Good things:
1. age and wisdom-mostly the wisdom, ok, maybe it is just a little more maturity.
2. mineral hotsprings
3. laying in bed until I have to get up

No comments: