Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Moving On

Life always keeps going... sometimes it is good, sometimes it is not, and sometimes it just means you are getting older. Such is life in our family. G was released from the bishopric on Sunday. After serving for almost 7 years, it is time to move on. I have given him 2 weeks or less to have another calling. I wonder what it will be?!
We had parent conferences on Thursday for D. We actually got some valuable information. He rotates through 4 teachers each day. 2 were in agreement that he needed to be changed to a more challenging class. The peers in his current class were affecting his attitude for school. (lazy, schoolwork,success) And so they told us to go talk with the counselor and have him moved to a higher achieving class. Amazingly, it happened the next day! He was excited about changing classes.
K is going out with someone. (for all you old people...going out is not actually going anywhere! It means you are dating. When I asked if it meant she couldn't date other people she said she could. So...I really don't know what it means!) Anyway, although I am not completely thrilled with the idea, she chose well. I could not have picked a nicer boy. He is one of my counselor's son. Great kid from a great family.
The prom dress is coming along slowly, but has some fitting issues, as you could imagine if you have seen K's physique lately. I hope it turns out as good as it looks in my head. I still have 3 weeks, and a visit home to the fitting expert. Maybe she can help me out.

Good Things:
1. not having to buy a prom dress - I think
2. more time with G
3. improvement for D

1 comment:

Justin said...

I'm sure it will be nice to have Greg around a little more often. Who are the members of the new bishopric?