Monday, December 8, 2008

Whew, Is that a slow down I see ahead?

I am almost certain it is! What a crazy few weeks. But it was great. I think I would even do it again! Yes, I am crazy, but that is a given. Sometimes it is just worth it. For instance...

Going home for Thanksgiving. Which also ended up including a baby shower, some not so good family pictures, and a funeral. But all things considered, it was all good. Even the funeral. When Grampa is no longer the Grampa I knew growing up, it was time for him go home. But I will never forget his teasing, tickles, and hugs. I will alway be his "Tut." ( I don't even know why he called me that.) I got to see lots of cousins I hadn't seen in years, and enjoyed seeing who belonged to who, and how they had grown up and married. Grampa left a great posterity, and would have loved us all together getting reaquainted, and reminiscing. 8 children, 45 grands, and 89 great grands. What a family!
I also got to see, hold, and love two new babies that joined our family in the last few months. both so cute in their own way. It was fun to hold them and give them back to mom and dad, but I do miss those days. They went so fast!

Speaking of fast...My oldest baby went to her Jr. Prom. And that is what kept me busy for the rest of the week. Her dress finished, altering another, and making a jacket for her friend. They had a progressive dinner. The main course was here. Prime rib, mashed potatoes, and green beans with cranberries and almonds. I also did the pictures here. K looked so beautiful, but it wasn't just the appearance, she radiated beauty on the inside too, and I think that made her even more beautiful. I know, I have fallen into the mother hole, but really... She looked so incredibly pure and wholesome. The kind of girl we all want our sons to bring home. I was so proud of her. It was all a lot of work, but so worth being a part of her special night. Of course when she got home we heard every detail, until the wee hours of the morning. We love you...please go to bed and tell us in the morning. So here is the beauty herself!

1 comment:

taberrose said...

I think the "Tut" came from King Tut. Not sure cause I was only 9 or 10 but that seems familar.