Sunday, October 15, 2017

Transfers October 10, 2017

Hey momma, transfers were this week, im in Tuxpan nayarit now. Sorry i didnt write good last week, we went to the place with internet and there wasnt enough computers for everyone so i got to sit there and stare at the wall for an hour and 40 minutes while everyone else wrote their family and then i only got to write for like 20 minutes. The underwear is gigantic, im not that fat! This week the biggest miracle was teaching the family of 7, they are so good, her husband is a rough dude that puts on a brave face and acts like he doesnt care, but the dude is super interested and its the best, and the brother told us since we have started coming he hasnt smoked, and we didnt even teach them the word of wisdom, he just knew that smoking is bad and feeling the holy ghost gave him the help he needed. This week a bat attacked me, ive seen bats before, but american bats are the size of mice, mexican bats are the size of rabits. I walk into the kirtchen and i felt something hit my back, and i thought elder ronderos threw something at me, but when someone throws something at you it hits you and falls, but something hit me and i felt the weight hanging there, so i look AND THERE IS A FREAKING BAT hanging from my garment, i didnt want to touch it so i was hopping around trying to make it fall, Elder tonderos starts screaming and books it out the front door, and i screamed so loud. It was the most i have panicked in probably my whole life. It felt like a tore a muscle in my abs, from screaming, im not even kidding you. that was wild. In interviews a few weeks ago president told me that me and elder ronderos were going to get transfered together and were going to go to a new area, so i just believed him. But transfer calls come sunday and they tell me im going to be a zone leader. it felt like someone hit me in the face. I am over the biggest zone in the mission, and i have absolutely no idea what i am doing. It was cool to be district leader because i was way more focused on the work and i worried about the people in my district and was more focused and more happy and worked harder, because of all the opportunities i had to serve, so i am excited to be a zone leader because io feel like i will have even more oportunities to serve, but i feel super mega inadecuate. well see how it goes. I am in the middle of nowhere in a tiny little pueblito, our house doesnt have running water, there is a well outside with a garden hose down in it and a pump, the pump has about 45 extension cords going into the bathroom, and the pump has a hose into the bathroom thats taped to the wall and is our shower, so to shower you plug in the pump and dirty water comes out, but if you want to wash clothes or flush the toilet or wash dishes or brush your teeth you have to fill buckets at the stinking well in our yard. It is hotter here than in manzanillo, i didnt think that was possible.






No comments: