Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Good Things

I have been thinking of everything I am thankful for. Of course, there is the obvious, family, husband, temple, atonement, home, job, life, prophet, etc. Today, I want to name a few littles things...some of life's simple pleasures. . .

my own bed, games to play with my family, home grown tomatoes and fresh mozzarella, bubble bath, cell phones, soft quality toilet paper, friends, a dishwasher, grapefruit spoons, keyless entry and start on my car, sisters, my camera, hot chocolate with whip cream, my sewing machine, new recipes, counselors, internet, warm fuzzy socks, prayer, gym instructor, zip lock bags, symphony bars, dvr, hand sanitizer, music...

The list could go on and on. So while you are thinking of what you are thankful for, don't forget the little stuff. Yes, we could all do without it if we had too, but it sure makes life a pleasure. Your assignment...name one of your simple pleasures on the comments.
Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Mama Bair said...

MY walk in shower with many heads easing all of the stresses from my day.

Janetlee said...

A warm shower. When I moved in with Bowens, they only had a tiny tub for 9 people. I've never stopped being thankful for a shower after that experience.

Heidi said...

My sleep-number bed...a good night's sleep is simply delicious.

mkamye said...

I too am thankful for Symphony Bars, so thankful....

And as I smell the pumpkin cheesecake in the oven, I am thankful for all the pumpkins that I pureed last winter. It seemed like a LOT of work, but tomorrow it will be worth it!

Sue said...

laying on the heater vent with a cozy blanket...mmmm