Thursday, September 16, 2010

Changes, Opportunities, & Advice

So, kids are back in school, and have been for awhile. I just was a little distracted by other things...Such as getting a child ready to go college, and take her there. I know, it doesn't seem quite possible that someone as young as myself could possibly be old enough to have a daughter in college. (wink, wink) Anyway, it happened.
Change is usually most difficult for those left behind. Our house seems quieter. Not that K was loud, but she liked to talk...alot. She would tell us in detail how her day went, what she did, who she was with, what time she did it (exact to the minute,) what she ate, etc. I liked it. The table seems empty. Set for only four, it just doesn't seem right. No one asking if I need help with dinner. No one calling to see if I need anything at the store before she comes home. Just little changes in the dynamics of our family. I am sad, and miss her, I think everyone does. However, I am so excited for her. She has so many opportunities ahead of her. So many new friends to meet. So much to learn. So much to see. What an exciting time in her life...
So here is my advice...
Remember who you are and what you stand for.
Right is still right when no one else is doing it, and wrong is still wrong even when everyone else is doing it.
Always say your prayers.(and read your scriptures.)
You are the Daughter of a King...A true Princess.
We love you.

No comments: