Thursday, January 17, 2013

Christmas projects!



I was dying to share these projects before Christmas I was so excited about them, but I didn't want to ruin the surprise. So, these are some projects I made for some of my favorite people.  I am just a little stingy these days as to who gets the homemade stuff. (the truth of the matter is, probably no one wants it!)  But I loved these projects this year.  A quilt for my mother in law. This was using all fabrics from my stash, I only had to buy three different pieces of 1/4 yard for just a little more variety.  I started this one during general conference cutting squares, and finally got it bound in early December.  It was perfect for the person who has everything! I am in the process of learning to use a quilting machine.  We have a local quilting shop that you can rent the machine for the day...I think I may need to go back!  So fun.  I also love crocheting hats, felted hats, slouch hats, beanie hats, or whatever else sounds fun.  So mindless once I get the hang of the pattern. I think I made six or more this year.  D's is just getting down, it sort of went to the bottom of the priority, but he could sure use it now, It is freezing here! Last but not least are the little ruffled backpacks.  I wish I had ten little girls to give them to. They were so fun and easy, I once again, I used scraps from other projects.

Good Things:
1. making stuff with my hands
2. giving it to someone who will enjoy it
3. using scraps so I have room for more purchases!

4 comments:

Ursula said...

I love the quilt and appreciate all the work you did for me. I put it on my bed and enjoy it several times a day. Thanks so much Terra.

Wendy said...

Cute projects! You are so talented.

Sue said...

look how crafty you are!

Ladyfox said...

I really like the hats. Maybe I could get on that list....