Monday, January 6, 2014

2014

Last week, my aunt posted on facebook that she is choosing one word  that will carry her through to becoming better in 2014. What a great idea, so I am stealing from her wisdom.   Her word is BRAVE.  A cousin posted JOY.  I choose COMMITTED.  Committed is a verb, that is what I need, not a noun, but a verb. A verb is action, and just what I need this year.  Committed to studying the gospel better, Committed to getting to the gym, Committed to eating food that will energize me, Committed to being happy, Committed to going to the temple more often. Committed to being a better wife, mom, friend, etc.  In Preach My Gospel it likens committed as "real intent."  It also says, "When people are genuinely committed, they have real intent, meaning that they fully intend to do what they have committed to do.  They make an unwavering and earnest decision to change."  There are so many areas of my life that can be improved upon by being committed.
You get the idea.  What will your word be?  Do you have a scripture, quote, song, person that will help you?  Leave your word in the comments and we can inspire each other.

Good things;
1.  hats on a bad hair day
2.  facebook posts that inspire
3.  nice warm fire

1 comment:

Beth said...

Well, my word is equivalent to yours in a way. The wording to most of my goals deal with consistency...I need to be more consistent in a lot of the things I already do...and that list is basically what you are committed to do: exercise, scripture reading, piano practice, VTing, holding FHE (which we are just about to get started), etc. Have you checked out Montse's blog? Her word for this year is "dwell" and I like her explanation.