Sunday, September 7, 2014

Girl Time

My mom planned a "Girl visit" this year.  It was to be at my house, and my mom and sisters were going to come visit me!  Such a treat, because I don't get a lot of visitors in my neck of the woods.  Well, turns out that only one sister could come.  So, I asked if K  could join us and we give her a baby shower, since she wasn't planning another visit here until who knows when.  They said yes, and so I planned a party.  I asked what they wanted to do while they were here, and it was decided that we would "pretend we had no cares in the world."  And so we did.  I took them to try out paddleboarding, we relaxed by the pool, went thrifting, and chatted.  It was a great time, and we missed the other sisters.  Maybe next time!   And, of course they helped me throw a shin dig for K.
We had turkey pesto sandwiches wrapped up in parchment paper, watermelon, and salad.  Each guest decorated a letter of the alphabet for baby O's alphabet wall, and took home some alphabet soup.  And dessert was a popcorn medley in a block. Thanks for the help ladies, I always put you to work when you come!  Hmmm, maybe that's why they don't come very often? #bestsistersever


No comments: