Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Who inspires you?

I just read this quote...
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, then you are a leader." John Quincy Adams
This statement got me thinking about who my leader and inspiration is. The obvious answer here would be Jesus Christ. Especially at this time of year when we are are a little more prone to think of all he has done for us, and all he would have us do to become like him. And although I expect each of you to have that as your top answer, I want you to leave a comment about who else inspires you to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more. It doesn't have to be anyone I know, but tell me who, and why.
I could probably choose one person each day for the next month, if not more. I have so many wonderful people in my life who inspire me in so many different ways it is difficult to choose just one. What a blessing to be surrounded with such great people. But for now, I will choose just one.
Amy has been my most recent inspiration. As I have gotten to know her better, I am amazed at what she can get done in one day, what she learns and can remember about nutrition, all she does for others, and how she is patient with her children, and how she is constantly teaching them the gospel in fun ways. She is filled with wisdom, spunk, and determination. Thanks, Amy, You are a leader and an inspiration. Thank you!
Don't forget to leave a comment...

Good Things:
1. Inspirational people in my life
2. Knowing you can be and do better
3. Having a Savior to make up the difference

6 comments:

Mama Bair said...

Today, my inspiration comes from a young 16 year old girl that i only know as Sister Stewart. She attend Hillcrest High School in Idaho Falls. Every wednesday morning she shows up at the Temple all alone, and does 15 baptisms for the dead. Then she gets dressed and heads for school for the rest of her day.

thorkgal said...

I've come to realize that my Savior IS my most reliable constant companion and the one that helps me get up and move forward even when my feet don't want to.
"Happy Easter"

Janetlee said...

I have many but today it is Cindy Guthrie. I met her on tour. You wouldn't guess by looking at her but she came from a pretty tragic homelife and has overcome to make an inspiring beautiful homelife for her husband and 4 children. They are her life and she inspires me by her ability to shake off setbacks and make her own wonderful life.

Of course, what I just described is only accomplished by the atonement. All inspiring things can be linked to the atonement. He is the way, the truth, and the life. Happy Easter!

Ladyfox said...

I have to say my inspiration comes from my mom. She has the faith, patience and eternal perspective that I someday hope to have.

Amy said...

Thanks Terra! You also inspire me! I would have to pick my family....my husband and kids. They make me want to be a better mother and wife. They (mostly my kids) make me aware of my imperfections ;-) and my husband is a great man to help me work on those imperfections...usually because he has perfected it already! I love my little family! Great quote, Terra!

Unknown said...

I have been thinking about this for a few days and I do have so many people that inspire me. But right now, it is my great husband who has disrupted life to go to school again for a second degree to make life better. It is a lot of work and just like the Lord said "it will never be easy but it will be worth it."