Monday, January 23, 2017

January 20, 2017

We hung out with the other Elders in our house a lot which was fun but wasn't the greatest for our sleep schedule I don't think. There's a new CCM president and he's really awesome, I would vote for him as president of the United States. In Devo he said "if God had blessed me with everything I wanted I wouldn't have half of what I've got" which I thought was super true and super awesome. He also said "in the gospel we don't care about probabilities or likelihood, we have a task at hand so we go out and we do" which was rad. Also in Devo, someone had a bop it that was going off in the middle of the meeting (no idea why someone had that at all, or brought it to devo) but he said "brother eves, take that thing and incinerate it for all I care" he was fairly unhappy, it was funny though. One of our devos was broadcast from provo and Monson Wadsworth gave the closing prayer so that was rad. I've gotten a lot more into teaching our fake investigator this week, we're helping one of them stop smoking and I have a really good time when we teach her. My Spanish is so good, and our entire district is getting so much better. I've been reading Jesus the Christ a lot this week and it's crazy awesome, everyone should read it. I coincidentally came across a lot of scriptures about secret combinations this week so I studied them a little, and it's actually super scary. We also learned to "be bold with love" which i thought was a cool quote and "never let your lack of faith be the reason someone doesn't receive promised blessings". We played volleyball with Latinos during gym time and it was super fun today. We read ether 3 today and talked about it a lot, it's a good chapter. Hermano Osorio (the boss man that always comes in our class) has been in our language study lately which is obnoxious because he doesnt let us study what we want to. This week was good though, better than last week. I'm still ready to get out of here though. My companion is still super weird but hilarious and I love him. We taught our teachers today and they pretended they didn't know Spanish and spoke in awful Spanish In super American accents to make fun of us and answered all our questions wrong, and it was so funny. And there's certain phrases that grammatically make sense when directly translated but they're slang for innuendo so they kept saying stuff like that that we have said that we didn't understand when we first got here and it was way fun. And we also try to teach our teachers English words that are hard for them to say, like fair bear beard bird, they say all of them like "bur" and it's hilarious. We're going to immigration to get our residency cards right now so I'll email more in a couple hours, let me know what's going on and ask any questions and I'll get back to you. I'll hopefully be on around 3 Mexico time, so if you get on around then we can chat.
Also, somehow our Hermanas talked a lady that's a senior missionary into baking us a cake for elder Oldroyds birthday, but we're the only other ones that know about it but our district is going to be so excited once they find out we have a cake, I can't wait.

And I love you.

I got the jerky, thanks a ton. I haven't gotten any letters or my retainer yet though. I'm not sure if I'm ready to be a real missionary, probly not. I want to get out there and learn Spanish more though, there's too many Americans in here for me to get too good.  Immigration was super fun today, we talked to a ton of latinos, that was probly the best part. The worst part was probably hermano Osorio being annoying, he treats us like they're 8. Knowing Spanish has been my biggest blessing because I can help people a lot. It took like 2 hours to get to immigration but half an hour to get home, a visa is to get here, residency card is to stay here.












No comments: